Sunday, April 26, 2009

Marty Cormier for Selectman


April 13, 2009
Greetings All;
To those of you I have yet to meet, my name is Marty Cormier. My family moved to Sandisfield in 1971 when I was one year old. While I may not be able to lay claim to being born in Sandisfield, I am proud to have been raised in our town. I was educated in our grade school before attending Searles Middle School and then graduating Monument Mountain Regional High School.
My professional life has consisted of working for my family’s businesses, Tuckers restaurant and Ray Cormier & Sons Concrete. I’ve since owned both businesses and operated them with great success; success not by chance but through hard work, determination and many difficult yet appropriate decisions. I currently own and operate Martin Cormier Concrete and have since sold Tuckers restaurant.
My wife Lisa and I built our home on Norfolk Rd in 1997 with the help of our family, friends and neighbors. Coupled with the same hard work and determination we practice in our businesses, we live in that home today with our three boys and do not have plans of ever leaving.
The reason for this letter is to inform you of my intentions to run for the seat of selectperson. At our most recent caucus I was nominated for this position. This news came at quite a shock to me but what I found more startling was the fact that there was only one other candidate for the position with no one to run against; hardly an election in my eyes yet an appointment. After my nomination I have been receiving numerous phone calls of support, town’s people asking me to accept this nomination. After a great deal of discussion with my family and friends I have decided to accept my nomination with no reservations what so ever. I plan on approaching this position with the same tenacity I use in my business and personal life. I will be very accessible to all of you and will work as hard as possible to promote your voices. I have no agenda to bring to this seat, only a great respect for this town and the people who live here. I will not be side tracked or swayed by others, their egos or agendas. I will work for us, until the task at hand is complete; but more than anything, I want you to have a choice.
Thank you,
Marty Cormier
Home 413-258-8104
Cell 860-485-3255

No comments:

Post a Comment