Sunday, April 26, 2009

Patrick Barrett Running for Board of Selectmen


Dear Neighbors,

My name is Patrick Barrett, and I am pleased to announce my candidacy for the Sandisfield Board of Selectmen. I am a native of Berkshire County, and my family and I have enjoyed living in Sandisfield since 2003. I have an avid interest in the welfare of the Town and have been meeting my fellow townspeople, and learning of a desire to see a more democratic and accessible Town government for the residents of Sandisfield. As Selectman, I hope to effect change through my belief that town government should be accessible to all and facilitated by leaders who will listen and work proactively for the Sandisfield community.



I earned a B.S. from Plymouth State College and an M.S. from California University at Pennsylvania, both in Social Science. I currently teach social studies at Mt. Everett Regional High School where I have been employed for nine years, the last four of which I have served as the vice president of the teachers' union. In this political role, I am responsible for listening to and researching grievances and communicating them to management, which I believe is great experience for anyone wanting to serve in Town government. I have also served for two years on the FRRSD School Committee and am a member of the Sandisfield Fire Department.

Please contact me should you have questions regarding my campaign; I am available in the evenings via telephone or by e-mail at your convenience.

I look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

Patrick W. Barrett
413.258.4707
patrickbarrett09@gmail.com

P.S. If you would like to make a donation to the campaign to help us cover printing and postage costs, we would be most grateful. Make your check out to:

Patrick Barrett for Sandisfield
26 Rood Hill Road
Sandisfield, MA 01255

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for Patrick! Let me know if I can help out with aebsite. Great Blog, Liana!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete